Outfit · Sewing

Simplicity 1325 – version 2!

CCB59ACE-1AA8-413E-B981-D1D84A15E573

Today I’m sharing another Simplicity 1325! I was so nervous about wasting this fabric, I knew I wanted to make something I’ve made before. I definitely wanted a Pinafore style and I loved my red corduroy 1325 I made last year. It came out just as nicely as my first one. I see myself wearing this over turtlenecks and button ups this season.

I added length to the tunic version on the skirt and opted for an invisible zipper instead of a lapped one like I did last time. I also didn’t put in the pockets and did a French seam on the skirt pieces.

0CA7DBB9-C6E2-4417-91ED-B41A8C3EC899

I used this beautiful mustard jacquard with rabbits on it from Miss Matatabi. Both sides of this fabric are so pretty so the inside of the dress is just as nice as the outside! It was my first time ordering from this website and I was not disappointed! They carry all different fabrics from Japan. The shipping was fast and the fabrics I purchased are so lovely and a wonderful quality. I will definitely be ordering more in the future.

E651BFD9-0365-4764-9848-0E1ECC83ED3924631A1C-11BF-4ECD-A259-2F3D9947E606

Outfit · Sewing

Fox pinafore

283C3E2A-A917-40D5-A9FF-3E449BD1D9BF

BD210843-1757-4053-B90F-1BDD5A6177FE

Happy October! The best month of the year. I’m so thrilled to share this make with you today. I really wanted this fox pinafore from ModCloth but I couldn’t justify spending that much money on something I wouldn’t wear a lot. As much as I love fox themed clothing, it’s a bit much to wear something like this frequently. I decided I would be able to make something like it pretty easily. I ordered some plain cotton from Joann’s and luckily the color match was pretty spot on. I made a simple self drafted gathered skirt with a zip in the back. To make the top, I sewed two long strips for straps  and some triangles as ears. I made two rectangles as the bib, and enclosed the ears and straps in the top seam. Once that was turned out, I stitched up the bottom edge. I made the white part by sewing together two rectangles again and curving the top edge. I stitched that on to the orange and embroidered some eyes and a nose on. I added buttonholes to the ends to the straps and bottom edge of the bib and added buttons into the waistband so I can remove it! This makes it much more wearable if I just want the skirt. I am thinking about making just two straps so I can wear it another way.  This turned out so much better than I thought and my total cost was only $25 compared to Modcloths $70! It was one of the rare times it was actually cheaper to make something than purchase it.

E08C38F7-D518-4E4F-9286-4AEE1DE7D23108564121-0DD6-4BF6-93AA-B082FF521EF32D86F9A5-867D-4F85-AF63-F9D3D27641A429A2082A-F84F-476A-99F9-3AD17FF300BFB2186841-AA0A-4F21-B2A0-4443E3187243