My final project of 2018! This was a bit of a spontaneous make. Ive been holding on to a vintage skirt my friends mother had given me with a bunch of other clothes. She told me I could do whatever I wanted with them. The skirt was a pleated midi. It wasn’t really my style and it was too big. I absolutely loved the green velvet fabric though and realized there was enough fabric to make something new out of it! I was eyeing the Tilly and the Buttons Arielle skirt and thought it would be a great pattern for this. I bought the pdf and printed it Saturday night and made the skirt on Sunday. This pattern is great. Everything came together beautifully. Since this was a spontaneous make and I didn’t have any lining fabric on hand, I went for the unlined version. As I said in my last post, I want to slow down with my sewing. Normally I would have just serged my raw edges but I found some bias tape in my stash and took the time to sew it in. My stitching is less than perfect (the bias tape was a little thin for this fabric) but I still am really pleased with how it looks. To finish it off, I covered some buttons with the fabric. The only thing I might change is moving the placement of the buttons out a little bit. I marked the wrong edge when I tried the skirt on.
Happy New Year! Thank you for following along on my sewing journey.