Filed under: Craft, Sewing | Tags: craft, diy, envelope, felt, heart, sweater guard, tutorial, valentine, valentines day
What you’ll need:
- 1 sheet of light grey and red felt
- white and grey thread
- clip on earrings
- jump rings
- glue gun
- measuring tape
- pattern pieces (This link has the pattern pieces for both sweater guard and peter pan collar. I suggest saving image to your computer and printing image to fill page. Pattern piece D should be approximately 3″ x 3″ when printed)
1: Cut out felt pieces using pattern. Envelope shape (D) in grey, 2 large hearts (E) in red, and 1 tiny heart (F) in red. Also, a one inch circle of grey and red.
2. Sew red circle onto middle of one large heart using white thread and a running stitch. Then, sew two large hearts together around the edge, leaving the circle on the outside.
3. Sew grey circle onto the middle of envelope piece using grey thread and a running stitch. Fold two side pieces in, and bottom piece up (leaving circle on outside). Using a running stitch and grey thread, sew along the edges. Fold top piece down and sew along edge. Your envelope should hold itself together now. Sew on red heart to center along it’s edge with white thread.
4. Cut a piece of chain 4 inches long by simply opening up a link with your plyers and sliding it off.
5. Attach each end of chain to it’s own clip on earring using your plyers and a jump ring. There is a slit on each clip on earring for your jump ring to wrap around. Be sure that when your clips are facing out (white tips on outside) that your jump rings are on the bottom of each clip so it lays nicely.
5. Glue a heart to one clip and an envelope to the other on those felt circles. You’re done!
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment